Situated at the heart of Bangkok, Hotel de bangkok is a boutique hotel near Pratunam market, Airport rail link, two major BTS sky train stations – Phaya Thai and Victory Monument, and Platinum Shopping Mall which is 10-12 minutes walking distance.
The hotel is located at 133/48 Ratchaprarop Soi 12, Ratchaprarop Road, Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok. A budget hotel but is nice and clean, their building even looked like brand new. Not much to offer but if you’re looking for a decent, cheap place to stay, this one’s highly recommended.
Things I Like:
- Standard room with bath tub
- Friendly and accommodating staffs
- Budget friendly, low cost but great service
- They have American breakfast style
- Location near Pratunam market
Things I Don’t Like:
- They don’t have a lot of facilities but if you’re always out then this is a good choice
- I don’t have recommendation/s for now but this hotel is a great deal when you’re on a budget, great value with great service.
I’ll give Hotel de Bangkok 4 out of 5 stars. Will I be coming back? Sure. Will I recommend this place? Why not!
Photos taken at Hotel de Bangkok:
How to get here:
Airport Rail Link:
- City Line Airport Link from Suvarnabhumi Station brings you to Ratchaprarop Station within 20 mins., costs 40 baht
- Alight at Ratchaprarop city station, walk down and head towards Ratchaprarop side. You may notice from the primary traffic going to the same direction
- Walk along the street passing 7-11 convenience store and in few steps you will see a blue signboard “ราชปรารภ 12″ with English underneath “Ratchaprarop 12”
- Turn right at this side road and you will easily see the orange hotel sign
BTS Sky Train:
- Closest BTS stations are Phaya Thai and Victory Monument station.
- For Phaya Thai Station, walk up along Sri Ayutthaya road for about 15 mins.
- For Victory Monument Station, walk up to Rang Nam sub-street, there are many shops and restaurants in here. It takes about 15 mins to the end of the sub-street and get to the Victory Monument station.
- Alternatively, you may take a motorcycle taxi to the station. It costs only 10 baht per person
*If you prefer not to walk, you may get a metered taxi from Hotel de Bangkok to the station. It costs around 35 baht / trip without traffic.
- 45 minutes travel time, cost about 500 Baht