Located at 9 Jalan Besar, Singapore near Little India and opposite Sim Lim Tower. It is a budget friendly accommodation for as low as 90 SGD per night. So if you are on a not so super tight budget maybe you can consider Mayo Inn because I know there are still cheaper accommodation around the corner like backpackers.
If you booked a month earlier, they give a 10 SGD discount per night. You may also opt to read some room tips on Trip Advisor because for me the best rooms are located at the first floor. Also that time the elevator is not functional, so I don’t want to have a hard time going back and forth the stairs.
Things I Like:
- Our Japanese concept bedroom
- Friendly and accommodating staffs
- Budget friendly, low cost but great service
Things I Don’t Like:
- Far from the nearest SMRT station which is Bugis Station (a 10-15 minute walk)
- Elevators not working (please contact them first to clarify before booking as this is April of 2013)
- No hair dyer in the room
- Provide someone to help bring the bags to the room especially on 2nd and 3rd floors.
I’ll give Mayo Inn 4 out of 5 stars. Will I be coming back? Sure but would like to try other hotels too. Will I recommend this place? Why not.
Photos taken at Mayo Inn Website (since I forgot to take a photos of our room):
How to get here:
Opposite Sim Lim Tower – 64, 65, 130, 139, 147, 857
The Verge – 56, 131, 166, 170, 851, 980
After Sim Lim Square – 23, 66, 67, 170, 851, 980
Bugis MRT Station (EW12) – Approximately 5 to 7 minute walking distance, OR
Little India MRT Station (NE7) – Approximately 10 minute walking distance.
You may inform the driver of their address (9 Jalan Besar), opposite Sim Lim Tower and along Mayo Street.
Other landmarks nearby:
– Rochor Centre
– Sim Lim Square
– OG Albert
– Burlington Square
– The Verge
*Taken from their Facebook account