We’ve been invited to a wedding at Nasugbu, Batangas and since the wedding starts at noon, we’ve decided to have an overnight stay somewhere near Caleruega Church where the ceremony will take place.
So I started googling and they suggested Chateau Royale which was 4.7 km away according to a booking site. My regimen when booking a hotel or accommodation is to search its exact location; how far was it from the city; and its accessibility. Secondly, I search for photos of the rooms and see if it complements the price. Lastly, I read feedback and reviews.
No single positive comment did I read from their guests but since this is the nearest, this time I didn’t mind the negative comments I decided not to expect.
And since I’m not expecting I learn to appreciate things, I think I should stop expecting now. LOL.
Things I Like:
- Friendly and accommodating staffs
- Nice facilities
- So many activities to do here
Things I Don’t Like
- Walking so far from the reception area to the log cabin without someone assisting me so I asked to be transferred to Skylight which is nearer from the reception than our first room
- I observed that they have a lot of golf carts but are useless, this can be used by taking guests to their cabins especially the farthest one
- Pricey room rates as if you’re in the metro, with no cable and WiFi, also the key to your door is literally a key
- Have a note written on the telephone what number to dial for your specific services I’m not a fortune teller.
- Have a list of menu of your restaurant to the room, at least from every room at Skylight since your charging a higher rate.
- More staffs to assist each guest and maintain the facilities.
- Please I need a cable!
- And most importantly a free WiFi. :l
I’ll give Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club 3 out of 5 stars. Will I be coming back? If given a chance. Will I recommend this place? Why not but only for a short stay.
Photos taken at Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club:
How to get here:
- Ride a bus going to Nasugbu or Balayan
- Wait till you see the welcome Nasugbu arc and the Evercrest Golf Club
- On your right side look after the Chateau Royale sign
*For private transportation, same route applies. You just need to reach Tagaytay and from there, go straight ahead to Nasugbu till you see the welcome arc and the Evercrest Golf Club.
Fresh from Chateau Royale. Thanks for reading! 🙂