A salute to all mothers, this is your day so enjoy!
Summer isn’t over yet! Any way it always feels like summer here. What’s up with the heat these days? It felt like I’ve been living in the desert.
So one sunny day we just decided to cool off the scorching summer heat by looking for a nearby resort. And since Island Cove is just 15-mins away from our home we packed up our bags and off we go.
Island Cove Resort and Leisure Park is located at Binakayan, Kawit, Cavite. It is a 12 hectare island sanctuary with accommodations, recreations, island spa, dining, function halls, and gift shops. You can avail of their day tour package as well as an overnight package.
How to get here:
- Take coastal road and exit at Cavitex
- Merge onto Binakayan Diversion Road
- Sharp left onto Covelandia Road
- Turn left and go straight ahead until you see the Island Cove entrance
- You will see the entrance of Island Cove at your left
- If you can look for a bus going to Dasma Pala-Pala or Nasugbu better. If not you may opt to take a bus going to Coastal Mall Terminal and just transfer to a bus going to Dasma
- Take off at SM Bacoor
- At the side of SM Bacoor there is a road, ride a mini bus going to Kawit
- Tell the driver or conductor that you are alighting at Island Cove
- You will see the entrance of Island Cove at your right
Since our time is limited, we opted to ride a cab/teksi from Gombak station rather than taking the Go Genting bus, which costs 60 MYR so if there’s 3 of you, that’s 20 MYR each.
And because we don’t want to waste a precious time, we also asked our cab/teksi driver to take us to Batu Caves, which is a 45-minutes drive from Genting Highlands, for another 60 MYR.
We also told him to wait for us after climbing the 272 steps to magnificent Batu Caves and take us back to Gombak station for 20 MYR.
How to get here without taking a cab/teksi? See it here.
- Much better to go here early in the morning or maybe late afternoon because its freaking hot at noon, my friend almost collapsed
- If cannot be avoided, bring something to cover you up like umbrella or hat
- Bring lots of water or refreshments
- And towel to make you dry
- Also you can encounter monkeys on your way up and down, so look after your belongings